Thursday, September 20, 2007

2nd place


http://www.pcachs.org/autocross/autox_results_07/ax2007_ax06_class.html

I placed second in my class at my first autocross!



Overall I was 18.238 seconds off the leader. And even though I placed 61st out of 74, I am still stoked! There were 911 GT3's, 911 Turbos, Barely street legal cars, track cars... etc. Mine is as stock as stock can get. And I feel I did alright. Next time I am going to shave off more time and become a real threat to cars 1/10 my cars age and drivers with more experience... ha ha, I feel like I am racing BMX again. If you ain't first, you're last. Ricky Bobby, Bobby Deerfield, Michael Delaney, Schumacher... I am coming for you!

My boss asked me yesterday, what my career plan was and I asked him with a straight face... "is Porsche race car driver on my list of options?" Honestly, I am not joking. If I could chose a new profession race car driver would be on my short list. But, I guess I'll have to settle with Senior Designer in charge of in-store experience, could be worse... I could be reading and editing spread sheets, yuck.