Wednesday, October 31, 2007

AVAIL at The Otto Bar

Last night I went to see AVAIL and they did not disappoint! Beau Beau is still crazy, Tim looks pretty much the same... just older.

Of course I drove the 911 to the show, punk rock never dies... it just get buried inside... but always influences one's decisions.

I pulled up next to a JEEP, with 3 young rockers inside... the guy in the passenger seat signaled me to roll my window down and asked, "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?" I replied, "I hope not!" Funny thing is, the girls JEEP that the guy was in most likely cost more that my 911. Perception is everything. I talked to them for a bit... nobody in that car has ever seen AVAIL live... I forget that music lives forever and stories of the old days become folklore or VH1 behind the music segments. But I think they thought I was some poser, until I started to tell the all the places I saw AVAIL in the past... DC, Richmond, NYC, Seattle, Portland... in total at least 15 times (at the very least).

The show was great... unfortunately Tim and the rest of the band were losing their voices... but the crowd made up the difference (including me), shouting, finger pointing, slam dancing (me, just on the edge), crowd surfing (no thanks). One guy came over my head, and landed face first on the concrete, OUCH, knocked out cold, I had to drag him off the pit floor to safety. Once I could see that he was moving and some what alert I got back into it.

Dare I say the size of shirt I bought? Large (which i am sure they had a stock pile), medium and small definitely a staple for everyone else there (weather they fit in those sizes or not who is to judge). The an XL sweatshirt... it is a touch big, but I hate when you have a good sweatshirt and the sleeves are too short.

At the end of the day, or night... I had a ton of fun, even though I wasn't able to share it with any friends.

1 comment:

Neckdeep said...

The Portland show that happened earlier in the year was epic. There were a handful of us from the 'old days' at the show. So damn good.