Friday, October 12, 2007

Short Shifter Part 2

I disassembeled the old shifter last night... it was more or less pretty easy. I broke on of the contact points for the console. It is no big deal, since I don't intend on reinstalling it. I need more room for my feet so I can learn the ways of heel toe downshifting. And less weight on the car. Wow, I am becoming a car dork.

Could be worse... I could be tuning Hondas (A tuned Asian import is like the special olympics, you can win a race, but you're still retarded). I know I used to own a WRX and loved that car and still think they are great vehicles... but I left it as is with no upgrades or tuning.

My hypocrisy, has no bounds.

Anyway, I have a new bushings coming in today and that will be all that I need to finish the short shifter upgrade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work...starting to turn the wrench yourself. It's a slippery slope man.

Good luck tomorrow, I expect a full report.

.: Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh, and check these out:

http://www.vpracing.com/Poster_Archives/poster_archives.html

I'm a fan of the ones from the 1960's. Amazing design. I actually have two repros in my office.

.: Chris